Monday, November 5, 2007

Bottom Up! Twirl me..

I was on my out from the hospital. And hell, it had been a long day, excruciating, as always. Which suits me just great to go to the pub, and get wasted, should it be necessary. But things never did go in the way we planned, no, when you want something, the universe will conspire against you.

So it happened. My landlady called my cell, and say succintly,

"I need to ask you something, can you come over?"

Which means that something has gone wrong. Just about time. And off I went.

My landlady came to my room shortly after I arrive, and asked me straightaway,

"There had been a property stolen in this house, in the adjacent room. Do you happen to know anything about it?" while welcoming herself to my room, precisely 3 seconds before I welcomed her.

"What was it? What was stolen?" just a plain natural curiosity on my end.

"An item, with a description matching exactly like that,"

I followed her finger, and found the it was directed to a pillow. EH? A pillow and all the bother? I was outraged.

"Get out! I have nothing to do with the stealing, and its MY PILLOW. Can't you notice that it has one side shredded? Or the fact that that fact and that I did not even bother to put a pillowcase on it makes it unique, worn out, and virtually worthless? GET OUT!"

"I only act to my responsibility as a landlady here. I only act based on report, your room neighbor..."

"GET OUT!"

There, the universe will conspire against you. Will, and always.

So off I went, to the pub again, with full knowledge that a heavy hangover would not help me feeling good in the morning.

But things never did go in the way we planned, no, not even when we plan it in depression, or grief. Which is why I shouldn't be surprised when I saw a herd of elephants crossing the street only guided by a few elephantherds, if you fancy that term. And I say to myself, why not join them?

"Hi,"

"Hi."

And we walked. And walked. And walked, until we arrived in a vast savanna, with two creeks on it, dividing the savanna into three equal areas. It was not a windy day, but I feel a cold wind, and I shivered.

And I woke up. Yes, that's all just a dream. Which explains pretty much how confrontational I was.

-------------------------------------------------

The thing is, I have been having those kinds of dream in days. Night after night. and it made me sleepy in the morning because I always have to confront someone in my dream. Just imagine, the night previously, I dreamt about going to Carrefour, with no pants on!

I can easily trace back my elements of dreams to the serial I am watching. Hospital and pub? That's Grey's Anatomy. No pants? See Aank in the Avatar book 3 chapter 9. Room Neighbor? I just watched The Big Bang Theory. Theft? Pillow? Breaking in? Connection found to Desperate Housewives. Elephants? The Amazing Race will do that for you.

I'm just thankful that no one gets killed in my dream, copying those of Heroes and Dexter. Or anything involving any bombing. Like Jericho. Or Traveler.

The more I think about it, it's just silly if i'm saying that because i watched these serials and it made my dreams. I watch TV even when I was a kid, but I dont remember being influenced this heavy, which leads me to.....

No comments: