Friday, August 8, 2008

Earlimart - Hymn and Her

This was my best find for last month, when the album literally accompanied me everywhere, including the Manila Misadventures, and the trip back to Klaten afterwards. I know I'm a sucker for song with 'oohs' and 'aahs',  notably on track "Time for Yourself."

One better review of the whole album. It seems that the original page has been removed, for whatever reason I don't know.

Although the excitement has somewhat waned, I found this just in time. One that I can heavily associate with myself. Worth quoting from its lyrics, 

"In my heart, I've always known/I gotta be happy alone/So burn the mail, destroy the phone/I'd rather be happy alone"

But why happy alone? I'll say that

"Love is difficult.
For one human being to love another human being--that is the most difficult task
that has been entrusted to us. The final test and proof, the work for which
all other work is merely preparation."

Though the last quote is from Brothers and Sisters, a serial I've been meaning to write about. But that would be all from now.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

"In my heart, I've always known/I gotta be happy alone/So burn the mail, destroy the phone/I'd rather be happy alone"

HEAR HEAR! xD